Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 22, 2011

North Koreans mourn the death of Kim




It's strange to see North Koreans weeping for Kim considering what he was but I'm reminded of what my South Korean friend told me when I was studying in Australia few years ago.

He told me that North Korea is so 'isolated' from the world that some of the women there do not even know how to wear sanitary pads and had to be taught how.

Apparently, despite what you might have heard about the North-South Korean relationship, South Korea gives aid to North Korea and sanitary pads for women are among them apart from medical supplies, clothes and food.

Hopefully, Kim's death would mean the country really opening up to the world. If China can do it, so can North Korea. The transition, if any will be difficult in the beginning but nothing is easy in the beginning.