Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 25, 2011

Malaysian to be hanged in Singapore for carrying heroin




I feel sorry for the guy because I'm also Malaysian but everyone knows that Singapore has the death penalty and almost always enforce it.

This talk of him being illiterate matters little because once you're found to be carrying drugs, you're liable. As I mentioned in my previous post about the 14 year old Australian, Singapore did hang an Australian few years ago despite the appeals of various parties. I don't know whether our government will appeal but I won't be surprised if they don't or if Singapore rejects our appeal if our government does appeal because Singapore is firm about this. This part of the world is known as the 'Golden Triangle' because drug trafficking is huge here so the laws are strict and ignorance is no excuse. There is an online campaign to get as many people as possible to sign some petition so he can avoid the gallows but I think it won't work because few years ago Nguyen Tuong Van

tried the same thing but failed.

No comments: