Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Physiotherapy sessions for my fibula fracture

I last had my session on 10 November 2011 and later I'll be going for another one. I fractured my ankle (distal fibula) on 20 September 2011 and went for plating (surgery) on 23 Sepetember 2011. I was discharged (non weight bearing) on 27 September 2011. When I went for my 1st follow up after the operation on 19 October 2011, the doctor told me my bones look in place so it's going well. I did another x-ray on 4 November and was told my bones are healing well and I can start bearing weight. On 10 November 2011, my physio told me to walk with just 1 crutch but I found after going home that I could walk without crutches! In fact, unknown to my physio, I started driving (auto sedan) few days later! I wonder whether I'd get scolded for walking without crutches because it's too soon to walk without them or whether my bones are in fact healing well ahead of schedule. I'll only know later. One thing I noticed at the last session was how I was able to use the stationary bike but not my elliptical trainer (Healthstream brand). I found the latter a more painful experience whereas when I tried the former, I was able to cycle about 3 km under 17 minutes which for me was OK considering before that I couldn't even walk and had to use the bedpan (see pic below)!

Haaa would've loved to have tried those cool looking mobilegs crutches (1st pic below) though. I've been using the conventional one (last pic below). I'm not sure whether they sell mobilegs in Malaysia.





No comments: