Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 16, 2011

United Borneo Front allies itself with Sabah and Sarawak based parties

I read the following statement in italics in Malaysiakini.com.


United Borneo Front (UBF) president Jeffrey Kitingan today announced the formation of an alliance with Sabah and Sarawak-based parties, to be known as the United Borneo Alliance, to take on the ruling Barisan Nasional (BN) in the coming 13th general election (GE).


Is this supposed to excite Sarawakians? I'm not really concerned about what Sabahans think because I have no connection to Sabah. I can only say what I think about something which concerns Sarawak since I have Sarawak connection.

How is UBF going to benefit Sarawakians? We have so many pressure groups and political parties and Sarawak is still behind the rest of West Malaysia. It's not the quantity but quality of these groups and parties that worry me. If existing groups and parties do their job well, we'll see the State progress. The problem is that members of some of the existing groups and parties are too busy fighting each other. The most recent being the SUPP Chin-Soon Koh rivalry. Few years ago PBDS  had internal problems so massive that it was even deregistered.

You can have more and more of these pressure groups and political parties and it still won't solve Sarawak's problems if existing politicians and NGOs don't do their job efficiently.

Just my two cents worth.